Sunday, July 10, 2011

So teacher, are we living in a democratic country?

Assalamualaikum and good evening dear readers.

As a teacher-to-be, I always imagine all kind of weird and tough questions that my students might ask me in the future. Well, the students nowadays are very creative in asking questions you see. So I feel that I need to have early preparation. And yesterday, a question struck my mind and I truly have NO exact answer for it. So I wonder if my student will ask me the same question. How should I answer them. Below is the situation that I might face:

ME            : Okay class, today we are learning about the ruling systems in countries around
                     the world.

STUDENT : What are they teacher?

ME             : They are democracy system, autocracy system, republic system and many more.
                      We'll go through one by one ya?

STUDENT : Okay. So what is democracy system teacher?

ME             : Basically it is a system where the public is given full right to choose their leader 
                      and they have an equal say in the decisions that affect their lives.

STUDENT : So what about our country teacher? Are we living in a democratic country?

ME             : .....................

Now, tell me what should I answer? Yeah right, I might simply answer "YES, WE ARE". But what if they come across the pictures below?














I have NO SAY on all of these pictures because they say a government servant or even a government servant-to-be cannot go against the government. And that's how democratic we are ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment